The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
For the purposes of providing treatment, Just You Holistics may require detailed medical information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. When you visit our practice, we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health.
By filling in any of the forms on this website, you are giving your consent for Just You Holistics to hold your personal information. The information which you supply on the forms will be held together with any clinical records. I use your information in order to give you the best possible service and for insurance purposes. Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment.
Storing your information:
This data is always held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment, although for data storage purposes it may be handled by pre-vetted staff who have all signed an integrity and confidentiality agreement. Your information is stored both on an encrypted computer and, where applicable, if in paper format, it is locked away securely and your identification obscured.
Retaining your information:
You have the right to ask me to destroy your records at any time, if you wish to terminate our working relationship. Otherwise, adults’ records are retained for eight years following our last date of contact. Children’s records are retained until their 18th birthday.
Accessing your information:
Your records are accessed by myself for clinical purposes. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. These will be sent by email, in a Microsoft PDF document attachment.
Sharing your information:
Your information will be kept strictly confidential, unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something which you have told me to a third party. I shall always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
At any point whilst Just You Holistics are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Just You Holistics refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Just You Holistics can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.